Saturday, June 27, 2015

No More Rain

It finally stopped raining! 

We were actually able to work on some outdoor projects today, including painting the gate and wall that encircles the compound. A bunch of the Hosanna House kids helped us with the painting, although some needed a little more guidance than others... (Anyone with enthusiastic young children knows exactly what I'm talking about!) Darren spent some time working on the plumbing in the girls' rooms, as well as some other hardware-related fix-it projects, and Doug finished painting the kitchen. 

This afternoon a group of six team members and six Hosanna House kids took a trip to Dangriga to watch the Women's World Cup match between USA and China (We won 1:0 if anyone cares to know :) ) at Ivy's Restaurant. I think it's safe to say all the kids had fun! On the way home they were singing a medley of John Legend, Katy Perry, Passenger, and Spongebob Squarepants... I'm not sure what anyone else thinks of that, but I (who was sitting in the van with them) thought it was the essence of "making a joyful noise"-- and it was truly noisy! Haha

While we were in Dangriga the rest of the team was getting a spaghetti dinner ready for the rest of the Hosanna House crew. I'm told it was a small group, but that it went well. Once we got back we had devotions with the girls, and now I'm sitting in my bunk writing this for you. :) 

Tomorrow is our island adventure, which everyone is looking forward to! Fingers crossed that it doesn't rain anymore... Sunday is church and then Monday we start vacation Bible school. VBS this summer is a sports theme; more specifically, soccer. We brought a bunch of soccer balls down with us, and plan on giving them to the kids to keep at the end of the week. Looking forward to the adventure! 

Thanks for your prayers! Other than all the rain this week, everything has been going really well. 

*Recently it was brought to my attention that the font on these posts is hard to read-I apologize for that! Normally when I post from my laptop it works just fine, it might just be the app that I'm using to upload the blog from my iPod. Unfortunately there isn't much that I can do to change that at this point, as the internet here doesn't work well enough to upload the posts from my browser. I hope that you are all able to bear with me until I can get this figured out! Thank you for your patience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment