Sunday, July 6, 2014

Back in the States

We're back!

I know I didn't keep up posting very well towards the end of the week. The days were packed full, and the internet wasn't working well enough for me to post anything even if I did have time to write.

But I have time now, so I'm going to try and back track to let you all know how the last part of our week went with the girls. For the moment though, I'm exhausted from traveling. I'll put some stuff up occasionally throughout the week for those of you who are interested.

Our flights back went smoothly, and we all made it through security and customs without any issues despite being a very tedious process. Our first flight left Belize city at 1:30 Belize time, 3:30 local time. Our second flight from Miami was scheduled to leave at 8:15, and we all made it in plenty of time to re-check our bags and go through customs and security for re-entering the US, but the plane didn't actually take off until about 9:30. The captain said there was a broken taxi light that needed fixing, and then we had to wait in line for the runway to take off. So after sitting on the plane for an extra hour, we finally made it back to Reagan National by 11:30. By the time we finally got all of our checked bags (which all came through just fine) and left the airport, it was past midnight. With the two-hour drive to the church to unpack and re-shuffle bags, we didn't made it back to our homes until about 3 o'clock. Even then, most of us made it to church the next morning.

Consequently, I'm nearly falling asleep even as I write this. You'll hear from me again soon, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment