Monday, June 13, 2016

Round Three, 2016 Edition

Hey all! It's that time of year again.

I'm headed back to Belize with some members of my immediate family, as well as members of my church family. This is round three for me, but this team will be the seventh that our church has sent down to Hosanna House. Every year has had very unique individuals who bring back amazing stories of the experiences they've had and how they've seen God working. Every year I'm bewildered by my own experiences and how God has provided for me personally. The very fact that I'm able to go back again this summer feels like a small miracle. I am so thankful for this opportunity to love on these people, and to learn from them.

Going on short-term mission's trips, it's easy to get caught up in what we can accomplish and what we can do for the people that we meet and spend our time with. I think we need to be reminded that learning and accomplishing go multiple ways. Yes, there are things we can do for the women and children at Hosanna House. There are projects we can work on, there are people we can love on, there are things we can show and teach them about teamwork and family. But we need to remind ourselves to be open to being taught, to being loved on, to being shown that our ways and our culture are not universal. In addition, we need to open our hearts to being taught by God, and recognize His providence and hand in our endeavors.

With some of those thoughts in the back of my mind, it is with great anticipation that I wait for that very, very early morning when I get on a plane and visit my brothers and sisters in Central America.

Thanks for your support and prayers!
~Aubrey

No comments:

Post a Comment